Open House 2017
For Open House weekend we shall be offering two walks …
- Spring Grove – Saturday 16th – Group Tour at 2.30pm
- Meeting Point : Isleworth BR Station, London Road, TW7 4BX
Planned as the first local speculative housing development by Henry Daniel Davies who in 1850 purchased the Spring Grove House estate, former home to botanist Sir Joseph Banks (now West Thames College). Many large detatched houses remain
- More details : https://openhouselondon.open-city.org.uk/listings/6782
- Pauper to Patient – the Buildings – Sunday 17th – Group Tour at 3.30pm
- Meeting Point : All Saints’ Church, Church Street, Isleworth, TW7 6BE
- Teas served at All Saints church from 3 p.m. for those that arrive early!
Walking tour giving insight into the lives of wealthy and poor. From old cottages disguised by a Strawberry Gothic facade, 18th century mansions, 19C charity school to decade old hospital with former work house block still in use.
- More details : https://openhouselondon.open-city.org.uk/listings/2651